Here at Aaron Sachs and Associates, our car accident lawyers are pleased to partner with KFVS12 for the upcoming Heartland Winter Blood Drive on January 10 to January 12, 2013. At this time of year, the American Red Cross typically sees a drop in blood donations because of factors like holiday travel, poor weather conditions and seasonal illness. All blood types are needed, so we'd like to encourage our readers in southeastern Missouri to come out and donate blood. While supplies last, donors will receive a Red Cross T-shirt and a $3.00 Subway gift card.
KFVS blood drive: How you can help
Call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule an appointment to give blood on January 10 (2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.), January 11 (2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.), or January 12 (10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) at any of these participating locations:
• Sikeston: Factory Outlet Mall
• Poplar Bluff: First United Methodist Church
• Cape Girardeau: West Park Mall
• Dexter: Fraternal Order of Eagles
• Perryville: Perry Park Center Gym
• Marion, IL: Illinois Star Centre Mall
• Carbondale. IL: University Mall
What you'll need:
• A blood donor card and driver's license (or two other forms of identification) are required to check in.
• Donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be in reasonably good health. (Note: High school students and donors age 18 and younger must meet specific height and weight requirements.)
• Donating blood involves four basic steps: registration; medical history and mini-physical; donation; and refreshments. Any information you give the Red Cross during the donation process is confidential.