Here at Aaron Sachs and Associates, we're proud to be a sponsor of the KFVS12 Heartland Blood Drive, to be held Friday, August 16 and Saturday, August 17 in various locations throughout southeast Missouri. "Each summer the Red Cross typically sees a drop in blood donations, and each summer KFVS12 is there to help keep our supplies stable," said Scott Caswell, CEO of the American Red Cross Missouri-Illinois Blood Services Region, in a Red Cross news release. "The Red Cross thanks KFVS and their devoted viewers for all their efforts to help save lives."
Donors will receive a Red Cross t-shirt and a $4.00 Subway gift card (while supplies last). You can schedule an appointment to make a donation on August 16 between 1:30 and 6:30 p.m. or on August 17 between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted at any of the following locations:
• Cape Girardeau: West Park Mall (3049 William Street)
• Charleston: First Baptist Church (301 South Main Street; August 16 only)
• Dexter: Fraternal Order of Eagles (13583 Old Highway 25)
• New Madrid: First United Methodist Church (627 Mill Street; August 16 only)
• Perryville: Elks Lodge (921 North Perryville Boulevard)
• Poplar Bluff: First United Methodist Church (Fifth Street and North Main)
• Sikeston: Sikeston Factory Outlet Mall (100 Outlet Drive)
• Carbondale, IL: University Mall (1237 East Main Street)
• Marion, IL: Illinois Star Centre Mall (3000 West DeYoung Street)
• Paducah, KY: Broadway Church of Christ (2855 Broadway Street; August 16 only)
Schedule your donation appointment today
If you'd like to make an appointment to donate blood at any of the above locations - or if you simply want more information about the event - call 1-800-REDCROSS, or click here to visit the Red Cross's website (enter sponsor code KFVS). All blood types are needed. Donors will be required to provide a donor card, driver's license or two other forms of identification. If you're 18 or younger, you will also have to meet height and weight requirements.
Giving the gift of life: Facts about blood donation from the Red Cross
• Someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds, including car accident victims, cancer patients, people with blood disorders, and victims of natural disasters.
• Every year, an estimated five million Americans receive blood. On average, 44,000 blood donations are needed each day to meet this demand.
• One car accident victim may need as many as 100 pints of blood.
• By donating blood just one time, you can save more than one life.